Bag 'o' Pipes

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I've Been Born!

Hello, and thanks for viewing my bag 'o' pipes page! I am dedicating this page to music that is old, new, out of style and pretty much anything that I think is not created by no talent balloon knots!

The first band that I have decided to post is the Benevento Russo Duo http://beneventorussoduo.com. For those of you have not heard of this band I suggest a serious listen. It may be classified as jam band music ( no vocals, gigs with Trey A. and Mike G. from Phish), but if you really listen it isnt. It is experimental and actually rock and, if I had to classify them I would put them in the Jazz catagory due to the instrumental make up, organ and drums and that there is no vocals. But the great thing about the duo is that they are able transcend classifications and come into their own and create their own style of music. If you listen closely you can actually hear the organ singing! Their new album Play, Pause, Stop is a must have and you will be hooked by the first listen, like I was at 10pm a few weeks ago listening to it for the third time that night on really cheap computer speakers.

P.S. - I would love to post a song or two for your listening pleasure but I do not know how. I am new to this and would love any pointers as to posting music. thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home